1Invite the employee to a disciplinary meeting/hearing
Use the template letter attached to invite the employee to a disciplinary meeting.
Book a meeting room for the meeting.
The meeting should be held as soon as possible after the investigation, while giving reasonable time for the employee to prepare.
In good time before the meeting, the employer should put in writing to the employee:
– the alleged misconduct or performance issue
– any evidence from the investigation
– any other information they plan to talk about
– the date, time and location of the hearing
– information on the employee’s right to be accompanied to the hearing
– the possible outcomes
2Conduct disciplinary meeting/hearing
Use the template attached to document the meeting.
The employer should:
– explain the employee’s alleged misconduct or performance issue
– go through the evidence
– make sure someone takes notes
– confirm next steps following the meeting
The employee should be given the chance to:
– set out their case
– answer any allegations
– ask questions
– show evidence
– call relevant witnesses (with good notice)
– respond to any information given by witnesses
The employee’s companion should be allowed to:
– set out the employee’s case
– speak for the employee
– talk with the employee during the hearing
– take notes
2.1Sign the disciplinary meeting sheet
Investigator & employee to sign investigation meeting sheet.
If the employee refuses to sign the sheet, another person in the meeting can sign the sheet.
3Review the evidence and meeting notes
4Issue appropriate letter concluding the meeting/hearing
Use the appropriate template letter attached to conclude the meeting/hearing.
If the employee’s conduct or performance does not improve in the time-frame set, the employer should repeat the disciplinary procedure until improvements are made or until dismissal is the only fair and reasonable option.
4.1Add letter to the employees personnel file
Add a link to the personnel records here!
Use this template on beSlick
Add to your Organisation or start a free trial today to use this template.